Eden Reforestation Projects

Every 10 USD donated plants 100 trees and provides 1 day of employment in an impoverished community!

Who are we?

Eden Reforestation Projects is a 501(c)(3) non-profit dedicated to alleviating extreme poverty and restoring healthy forests around the world.

What do we do?

Through our Employ to Plant methodology, we employ and empower thousands of people in local communities and provide them with the education and tools necessary to plant, grow, and protect to maturity, millions of trees each month.

Eden Reforestation Projects

Next

Our organisation

How are donations typically distributed across our organisation?
Typically, 75% of the donation or higher goes to the program directly with the remaining 25% going to administrative and fundraising costs. For example, it costs 10 cents to plant a tree from the beginning to the end. A portion of the 10 cents covers all of the nursery expenses and transportation costs associated with moving seedlings up to the reforestation site as well as planting the trees, guarding them, and weeding them later in the season to give them a head start on all the vegetation that would be competing for resources. The remaining portion is used for all administration fees and fundraising costs.
What impact will your donation have?
When you donate, you're helping empower communities to plant trees to restore their environment. Donations designated to the General Fund go to our countries with the greatest need. This helps us to provide funds for countries that just opened, are underfunded, in crisis, or have a project that will benefit the local community.